Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesday 2/26/13 (4): Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

  • Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
It's about time Dani and I did another Teaser Tuesday; sorry for missing a few weeks! Our busy school stuff is officially over, so its time to post our TT for this week! I am currently reading Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi and Dani is reading Prodigy by Marie Lu. As soon as she's finished, we'll get up a review for Prodigy! So for our TT today, I have a teaser for you from Under the Never Sky. The sequel to this, Through the Ever Night was recently published and got my attention. I finally got a copy of Under the Never Sky to read, and it is fully intriguing me so far! 

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)Here is the Goodreads Synopsis: 

WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.

And of course here is your teaser:  
 
"The creature in the tree lifted its head, daylight glistening on the saliva that ran down its chin. With its eyes on the Outsider, it uttered a strange, desperate wail. An inhuman sound, but Aria understood. It was a call for mercy.
--(pg. 140, Under the Never Sky)

Eeep! What a chilling line from this book! I actually haven't gotten this far yet so I'm wondering myself too. Why is this "creature" begging for mercy? Can't wait to find out!

5 comments:

  1. Wonder why it's calling for mercy and whether or not that's what it will get...

    Good teaser! =)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd want to run into a creature like that, but I DO know I want to read this series!

    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat


    Here's my Teaser from Everbound by Brodi Ashton

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great teaser! I really liked this book and loved the sequel -- hope you enjoy it, as well! Here's my TT post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! Check out my Teaser Tuesday at www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the wide world, so it would greatly add insight for me, laneways that I say many thanks.
    pengobatan tradisional kanker tenggorokan
    cara alami menyembuhkan biduran
    obat pelancar peredaran darah
    obat benjolan di bawah lidah
    obat tradisional tumor abdomen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...