Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (13): Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish event hosted by Breaking the SpineThis is a meme that many book blogs participate in to goggle over highly anticipated upcoming releases and fabulous covers and authors!
 
I have not done one of these in a while, so finally after a month of no WoW's, here we go! Today's waiting-for book is Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder, the last book to her Healer Series. I need to do some rereading! I haven't reread any of the books to this series, and I need to play some catch up before this release on...December 31st...
 
Taste of Darkness (Healer, #3)Goodreads Synopsis:
 
She's fought death and won. But how can she fight her fears?

Avry knows hardship and trouble. She fought the plague and survived. She took on King Tohon and defeated him. But now her heart-mate, Kerrick, is missing, and Avry fears he's gone forever.

But there's a more immediate threat. The Skeleton King plots to claim the Fifteen Realms for his own. With armies in disarray and the dead not staying down, Avry's healing powers are needed now more than ever.Torn between love and loyalty, Avry must choose her path carefully. For the future of her world depends on her decision.
 
 
 I'm not too happy about December 31st. Why not earlier? Why not later? A lot of bookstores aren't open on New Years Eve and I don't think a lot of online booksellers ship on that day AND New Years either! It's like Harlequin wanted to make it the final memorable release of 2013 or whatever. 
 
Well no matter the release day, this is the last series I love that will be ending this year. I'm excited and dreading it at the same time. Sometimes I wish some series could just go on forever. Can't wait to see what MVS has in store for Avry and Kerrick this time! After this release...she might go on to work on her new Valek and Yelena series as well...which I also happen to be squealing around for ;)
 
Steph

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the other books in this series, but I hope you enjoy this one!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...