Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (21): Burned by Karen Marie Moning

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish event hosted by Breaking the SpineThis is a meme that many book blogs participate in to goggle over highly anticipated upcoming releases and fabulous covers and authors!
 
Burned (Dani O'Malley, #2; Fever, #7)Have you guys heard the news on Burned from KMM? If not, prepare yourself for shock. Despite Burned's further pushed back release date...well it was the first book I immediately thought of as "want to read" today. The wait for this book is just u-n-b-e-a-r-a-b-l-e. At the rate it's going? I might be an elderly woman before Burned is out. 
 
So...the Burned situation. At first it was going to be out in April 2014. Then it got pushed back to June 2014. And finally, January 2015. *sobs*. Just FYI, Iced was out in 2012...so Burned is going to be hitting three whole years later basically. 

Goodreads Synopsis:

Trick! Well, there isn't one unfortunately, and I don't think we're going to get one anytime soon since Burned was pushed back so late.
 
The wait for this is literally killing I think. Every time I even think about Burned I immediately go and grab a Fever book and try to immerse myself into it's world, for even a hint of what's to come. I know that since KMM is pushing it back one final time, it WILL be amazing. I just wish it'd come sooner than later. Iced's ending pretty much fried me on the spot, so will I be burned in this installment as well?
 
We've got 9 more months to go for this guys. We can do it. Right? Another note on this series: KMM said originally she planned for two more Dani O'Malley books (Burned and Flayed) with two more Mac books following. She has decided to incorporate the story of the two Mac books into Dani O'Malley, so there will only be two more books in this series.
 
There are several Burned snippets and teasers that can be found on KMM's Facebook page, link provided here. You might have to scroll a bit:
 
https://www.facebook.com/KarenMarieMoningfan 

Can't wait for Burned early next year (ha)!

Steph

4 comments:

  1. This book. This. Book. I need this book. Really, really badly. By the time Burned's finally released, it'll end up being seven years since Iced, and KMM will end up being like George Martin.

    At lease Dani's 19 in this book. Maybe she'll be a little more mature?

    I needed this so much that I wrote out all my predictions about Burned. All. Of. Them. And I published it on my blog. Sometimes, I feel bad for my readers.

    Have you read the Lor's POV scene yet? What are your ideas about it?

    You got me even more excited for this book. I think I might dislike you. Wait, that's impossible. I like your reviews too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops...sorry ;)

      Link me to your predictions? I've got some of my own too.

      And yes, of course I've read Lor's POV. Well first I was just really excited--it was super HOT!. Lor and all. What a womanizer he is.

      Second impression? I just really need Burned. I feel like there are so many little hints in that scene but I can't put anything together from it! It's just not enough. But holy crap Unseelie Princess's? I'm also really eager to learn more about the 9!!!

      Delete
    2. Predictions- http://thereadingobsession.blogspot.com/2013/05/monday-musings-burned.html

      As for the Lor's POV, is this when Dani is still 14-ish or when she's 19? And how did five years pass so quickly? Was she in the mirrors? My brain is hurting from thinking so much about this book.

      Oh! And are Mac and Dani Princesses? Because I'm wondering about this, because V'lane called her "princess".

      Delete
    3. I think KMM said Dani was going to be 17. And I feel like it'll happen when Dani is 17 because I don't think Princesses are just going pop out of nowhere. I feel like there's going to be a little bit of story with Dani at 14 y/o, have a time skip to "3-4 years later" or something, and then start from there again.

      Wow! You've got plenty of predictions. I totally agree on the Dancer thing--I don't think he's quite human either. I also think Cruce is going to get out of that ice, considering KMM left him in the ice instead of dead or something too. (Maybe he'll break out at the END of Burned...what a cliffy that would be)

      The Mac situation. I really don't know whats happening to her. Dani said she was walking around without a MacHalo on in dark zones at the end of Iced, so something is definitely going on there. From the burned teasers, i can also tell something is up since Mac can all of a sudden read the First Language. Maybe she's turning Fae? In fact, now that I think about it, I remember that Cruce made "improvements" onto the Fae elixir in Shadowfever. Maybe thats why Mac's changing.

      Did you see this link? KMM answers some questions on Burned! https://www.facebook.com/notes/karen-marie-moning/burned-release-date-mac-barrons-and-absolutely-no-pedophiles/10151505724784142

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...